ports system woes

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Thu Mar 27 05:44:05 PDT 2008

Michel Talon writes:

>  > and got a lot  of unhappy responses from folks.
>
>  This is true. A lot of people expressed aversion against SQL, by
>  itself.

	As I remember it ... there was some aversion to SQLite.
	There was stronger aversion to:

	1) using anything not in the base system unless it gives
		substantial payoff
	1a) adding something to the base system just for one project,
		no matter how important that project may be
	2) a system which cannot be fixed with the use of a basic text
		editor and less than guru level knowledge

	Now, it may be possible the current system also fails (2).  But
any replacement which make that worse (as I remember was claimed for
SQLite) is fighting an uphill battle.

					Robert Huff