net/grsync fails to build on i386

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Wed Mar 26 01:19:41 PDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 08:46:47PM +0100, Ganael LAPLANCHE wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I try to understand what happens here :
>
> http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-errorlogs/e.7.2008032407/grsync-0.6.1.log
>

> Since yesterday, my net/grsync port seems to refuse to build on i386.
> The configure script uses (expanded) :
>
> pkg-config --exists --print-errors 'gtk+-2.0'
>
> which leads to the error 'No package 'gtk+-2.0' found'.
>
> This error message is clear. What I don't understand is that the
> dependency against gtk20 is explicitly specified in the Makefile, so why
> has gtk+-2.0 not been installed during the build process (and does not
> appear in the log file) ?
>
> Am I missing something ?

It is quite possible that you caught the small time window just
after the GNOME upgrade, in which bsd.gnome.mk was missing two
lines that recorded LIB_ and RUN_DEPENDS.  Thus, even though you
specified gtk20 in your port's Makefile, bsd.gnome.mk just didn't
add a dependency on libgtk - so your port's build did not find it.

Since this was corrected a couple of hours later, I strongly suspect
that the next automated build will go just fine.

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net    roam at cnsys.bg    roam at FreeBSD.org