FreeBSD Port: KeePassX-0.2.2_2

Matt datahead4 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 18:09:15 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 12:18 PM, Matt <datahead4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Steven Kreuzer
>  <skreuzer at exit2shell.com> wrote:
>  >
>  > On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 10:53:24AM -0500, Matt wrote:
>  >  > Hello.
>  >  >
>  >  > It looks like the KeePassX folks have recently updated to the 0.3.x
>  >  > branch.  I've looked at trying to build a local port from the updated
>  >  > version but it fails with multiple build errors (I'm running
>  >  > 7.0-RELEASE and all qt4 ports are at version 4.3.4).  Can someone take
>  >  > a look and see if there are obvious changes needed to make it compile?
>  >  >
>  >  > Thanks,
>  >  > Matt
>  >  > _______________________________________________
>  >
>  >  Cut and paste the errors you are getting. It might be something fairly trivial,
>  >  or it might be related to a specific setting on your machine.
>  >  --
>  >  Steven Kreuzer
>  >  http://www.exit2shell.com/~skreuzer
>  >

>  The first build error is:
>  <snip>

I hate to reply to myself on this one, but I've managed to get the new
version to compile and wanted to give an update and see if there is
any feedback available from others as to the root cause of the
problem.

The errors were being caused (apparently) by a missing element in the
Makefile under the "src" directory.  Under the "####### Compile"
section, almost all of the files (everything except the ones in the
crypto sub-dir) needed an "-include ../build/keepassx" added after the
"-c".  As this Makefile was generated by qmake, could there be
something in the qmake configuration that caused the omission?