rsync 3.0.0 Bug + Fix

Emanuel Haupt ehaupt at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 25 03:58:46 PDT 2008

> Emanuel Haupt wrote:
> >> I recently upgraded my rsync to 3.0.0 from the ports and noticed the
> >> following in my logs...
> >>
> >> 2008/03/24 08:43:09 [96818] No match for refuse-options string "iconv"
> >>
> >> Doing some reading I found this has been reported and apparently fixed
> >> in the git rsync repository.
> >>
> >> Is there plans of releasing a patch for this port (soonish?) or should I
> >> just manually patch all my machines myself?
> >
> > There will be a bugfix release soon:
> > http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/src-previews/rsync-3.0.1pre1-NEWS
> >
> > I'll commit an update as soon as it's released.
> >
> > Emanuel
>
> Thanks for the update Emanuel.
>
> It's funny, I never really considered how much I do with rsync before
> this, turns out I do a hell of a lot ;-)

Please feel free to test the current preview release, however I'll wait
for the final release to update the port:

http://people.freebsd.org/~ehaupt/patches/rsync-3.0.1pre1.patch

Emanuel
--
GnuPG key id: 0x90215DB9         Download: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371
Key fingerprint: 741B C70F 100B F360 0B52  E92D 5F01 7A86 9021 5DB9