Utility for safe updating of ports in base system

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 20 13:03:33 PDT 2008

Sean C. Farley wrote:
>    BTW, I think the +IGNOREME files for portmaster should be
>    in /var/db/ports, so they may traverse a manual pkg_delete && make
>    install.

I'm ambivalent about that, since the way I personally tend to use
+IGNOREME is to avoid dealing with something till I'm ready to update
it, and then I generally want the +IGNOREME file to go away. I would
think that at minimum it should look both places. Also, I'm a little
more sympathetic to this idea now that portmaster does a better job of
letting the user know that there is an +IGNOREME file present at
various decision making points.

Doug