Preparing an Oracle Database XE port/package -- any tips ?

Adrian Penisoara ady at freebsd.ady.ro
Fri Mar 7 15:05:07 UTC 2008

Hi,

  After having to deploy an Oracle Database XE [1] installation (with Linux
32bit binaries from the official RPM package) on a production FreeBSD
6.2machine I realized it would be very much feasible to produce a
FreeBSD
port/package for it.
  I would like to know whether similar efforts have been undergoing and
whether people came up with some tips & tricks on this.

 The goal is not only to add the port into FreeBSD's ports tree but also to
eventually convince Oracle (I work for them) to post the package on their
official download page.

[1] http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/xe/index.html

Thank you for your time and help,
Adrian Penisoara