why are older ports built on Sparc64?

Dmitry Marakasov amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru
Tue Mar 4 14:35:01 UTC 2008

Hi!

As far as I know, we don't have enough sparc64 horsepower on the
build cluster. But still it seems like old ports are build again
and again there (and fail), though new versions have fixes. For
example, I have two ports failing on sparc64 for which I've submitted
fixes:

http://portsmon.freebsd.org/portoverview.py?category=games&portname=blobandconquer
and
http://portsmon.freebsd.org/portoverview.py?category=graphics&portname=sharpconstruct

Both ports were updated on Jan 03 with patches that will (hopefully)
fix them on sparc64 with with PORTREVISIONs bumped, still portsmon
shows builds failed on Feb 25, and those are old versions of ports.

Seems strange to me.

Dmitry A. Marakasov    | jabber: amdmi3 at jabber.ru
amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru       | http://www.amdmi3.ru