please test qemu-devel port update (2008-03-02 snapshot)

Juergen Lock nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Sun Mar 2 21:15:30 UTC 2008

Hi!

 Again, interesting things are happening in the qemu development tree,
among others the ncurses patch has been committed (allowing to see
vga text output without sdl by passing -curses), e1000 emulation i.e.
an emulated em(4) that should be even faster than the e100 since it also
features TSO is now in (-net nic,model=e1000), and qemu is now moving
to a new codegenerator called tcg that's supposed to eliminate the gcc3
dependency once everything has been converted to it.

 Unfortunately, tcg also seems to cause the first regression I've found,
qemu-system-x86_64 now makes the 7.0 amd64 isos pagefault in
_thread_lock_flags, even tho I've added the cpu-exec.c patch that
fixes the hang of the same guests with qemu 0.9.1 (see
	http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2008-02/msg00334.html
), I'll post a little more about that in a seperate post to the qemu list.
(will crosspost to -emulation.)

 Anyway the update is here (also queued on tb3):
	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/qemu/qemu-devel-20080302.patch

 enjoy,
	Juergen