cfengine port update?

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Fri Jun 27 16:49:59 UTC 2008

So I pulled a fresh copy of the portsnap for cfengine port -- we are
*STILL* on 2.2.3?  How many years does it take to get a port updated?

> On May 9, 2008, at 12:19 AM, Boris Samorodov wrote:
>>> If there's something wrong
>>> with them, someone needs to specify what is wrong.
>>
>> Seems that you shouldn't delete man pages from the Makefile.
>
> They were removed from the distribution, therefore they weren't
> available to install.

And I just went through the SVN, and confirmed that the current
makefile for the product installs only a single man page.  Which is
exactly what the port patches I sent you reflect.

If you are saying that you'd like me to override the package
maintainer and force the installation of man pages which are not
installed by default, then you need to state that clearly.

(although I disagree in principle with changing the product as
delivered by the maintainer without putting those changes into OPTIONS)

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness