cfengine port update?

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Thu Jun 26 00:30:19 UTC 2008

Sorry, I didn't see this until now.

On May 9, 2008, at 12:19 AM, Boris Samorodov wrote:
>> If there's something wrong
>> with them, someone needs to specify what is wrong.
>
> Seems that you shouldn't delete man pages from the Makefile.

They were removed from the distribution, therefore they weren't
available to install.

>> FYI: none of the files you are mentioning are installed by 2.2.5 or
>> 2.2.6.  That's residue from 2.2.3 packages.
>
> Did you mean that manfiles did exist at the distribution but not
> got installed?

No, I mean that between 2.2.3 and 2.2.5 those manpages stopped being
in the distribution.  They were apparently restored later as you
noted.  My patches were against 2.2.5 originally and I didn't look to
see if the manpages were restored for 2.2.6 :-(  This problem was
pretty much entirely because we had no updates for so long that I was
trying to track patches against patches against patches ...

ANYWAY, irrelevant now.   See

Jo Rhett
and other randomness