sysutils/screen package

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Fri Jun 20 14:56:28 UTC 2008

Chess Griffin wrote:
> Boris Kochergin wrote:
>> Hi, List. I noticed that there isn't a package for sysutils/screen for
>> 7.0. Compiling it from ports works fine, and I looked around and
>> wasn't able to find logs relevant to it on
>> http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/, so I was wondering if anyone
>> could shed some light on why it's not available. Thanks.
>>
>> -Boris
>
> NO_PACKAGE is set in the Makefile, which also states:
>
> "Tends to loop using 100% CPU when used from package - perhaps it
> hard-codes information about the build host"

By the way misc/tmux is a really nice GNU Screen replacement.  It's
smaller, lighter, and BSD licensed.  According to the developer, there
is some cool stuff now in CVS (scrolling status line, interactive
command prompt).  I've been using it for awhile now and really enjoy it.

--
Chess Griffin
GPG Key:  0x0C7558C3