why some ports still use openldap-client23?

LI Xin delphij at delphij.net
Thu Jun 19 13:49:08 UTC 2008

Gaye Abdoulaye Walsimou wrote:
> Hello list,
> I'm just wondering why some ports are still using openldap-client23 (i.e
> pam_ldap nss_ldap) instead of openldap-client24 ?
> Is there any valid entry in make.conf to have openldap-client24 instead
> of openldap-client23?

You can set WANT_OPENLDAP_VER=24 in /etc/make.conf.  I have requested an
experimental build for having 2.4 as default but that would consume some
time.  We need to make sure that most port has their build issue
resolved before making the change (for most users this might not be a
problem, I personally run openldap 2.4 on my own servers since beginning
of this year).

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij at delphij.net>	http://www.delphij.net/