linux f8: futex op 128 not found

Tue Jun 17 05:37:59 UTC 2008

Quoting Lars Eighner <portsuser at larseighner.com> (from Mon, 16 Jun
2008 16:26:28 -0500 (CDT)):

> Evidently I hosed linux compatibility in the attemp to upgrade from fc4 to
> f8.

No, you didn't. :)

> I believe I followed the instructions left over from the fc6 upgrade
> exactly, and after installing f8, and editing sysctl.conf and make.conf
> according to instructions I forced rebuilding all the linux-* ports
> with portupgrade -f linux-*.
>
> However when I attempted to run linux firefox I get tons of futex, op 128
> missing messages on the system console, firefox eats nearly all the cpu etc.
>
> Now I googled on this problem and discover that futex is not in 7.0 release,
> but is in stable.  But I am running stable.  What is more I can see
> linux_futex .c and .h in the system source.  Nonetheless, I made /usr/src
> clean and rebuilt the kernel.  And then I reinstalled linux f8 again.  Same
> result.
>
> I'm not sure if this is a port problem or a system problem, but perhaps some
> has some suggestions.

In any case, emulation@ (CCed) is the better list to discuss this. I
don't remember if the fixes for this are in -stable yet, I'm sure
Roman will chime in and say something about it.

 From which date is your -stable, or better, can you please go into
the linux compat directory in /usr/src (where linux_futex.* is) and
provide the output of "ident linux*"? This way we know for sure at
which compatibility level your linuxulator is.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular.
		-- Adlai Stevenson