qpopper update

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Sat Jun 14 20:30:04 UTC 2008

I am in the final stages of updating the qpopper port from version 4.0
to 4.1.  However, there are a number of patches that have been
incorporated into qpopper in the past that raise some questions.
qpopper alters the names of all the binaries from popper* to
qpopper*.  I first thought that was done to avoid name conflicts with
the port popper.  However, upon investigating, the popper port is an
older version of qpopper.  Is there a reason to maintain two different
versions of qpopper?  Could we just have the current version as popper
and use the original names for things?  Is there a reason the qpopper
binary is stored in /usr/local/libexec where the default qpopper
installation is in /usr/local/sbin?