FreeBSD Port: atunes-1.9.0

Tino Engel elrap at web.de
Sat Jun 14 19:14:29 UTC 2008

Sahil Tandon wrote:
> Tino Engel <elrap at web.de> wrote:
>

>> I have a problem starting aTunes.
>>

> Before debugging any further, have you tried deleting the .aTunes config
> folder in your home directory as suggested here:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=2027068&forum_id=656585

Yes, I did delete the config dir. Did not solve the issue.

Nevertheless I found out, how to fix this issue temporarily:
aTunes 1.8.0 works fine with jdk-1.6.0.3p4_2 from ports.
The problem starts to occur with 1.8.1.

I did some research that could point to the problem:
Maybe the source of the problem is, that jdk16 from ports does not have
the AWTUtilities class yet (that at least is the reason, why aTunes
1.9.0 does not work). But I could not confirm on 1.8.3.
Actually it seems that the newer aTunes versions require a higher update
level of jdk.

Regards, Tino