qt-copy fails to build in new FreeBSD 7 environment

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 11 20:09:22 UTC 2008

Paul Horechuk wrote:
> I recently did a source upgrade from FreeBSD 6.3 to FreeBSD 7 Stable. I have
> over 1000 ports to recompile so it is taking time.

The recommended procedure for upgrading major branches is to wipe out
all of your ports, then build again from scratch. I know that you said
you're a portupgrade user, but FYI the portmaster man page has a
procedure for doing this that has worked well for me, and other users.
Even if you choose not to use portmaster you might want to take a look
at the list of steps.

hth,

Doug