devel/subversion* ports and www/neon26

Peter Samuelson peter at p12n.org
Thu Jun 5 00:42:32 UTC 2008

(Seen on dev at subversion.tigris.org)
> On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 11:25:06AM -0400, Coleman Kane wrote:
> > Since www/neon28 was moved into ports, subversion still depends upon
> > www/neon26 (which conflicts w/ 2.8). I have been able to tell subversion
> > to use neon 2.8 by modifying the subversion Makefile appropriately. Is
> > there any specific reason to not move subversion to default to use
> > www/neon28 instead of www/neon26 ?

As Stefan has said, Subversion 1.4 does not support neon 0.28.
However, we are using it in Debian unstable, with the following patch:

  svn export svn://svn.debian.org/pkg-subversion/trunk/debian/patches/neon27

(The patch name reflects the fact that neon 0.28 is API-compatible with
neon 0.27.)
--
Peter Samuelson | org-tld!p12n!peter | http://p12n.org/