linux-flashplugin9 Restricted?

Sam Fourman Jr. sfourman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 01:59:04 UTC 2008

> AFAIK Flash9 relies on the Linux 2.6 kernel, and so wont run on
> FreeBSDs default of 2.4. I've not tried it, but I think people have said
> it can be made to run with 2.6 emulation.

If someone reading this has time,motivation, and the know how could they
please look into getting flash 9 on FreeBSD 7 Stable to work.
I have not tried it, but I have heard that liniux 2.6 emulation does not
magically make flash9 work.

I am just a FreeBSD user, and as of yet I do not have the know how to look
into this.

Flash 9 is badly needed for desktop users. for what it is worth, I can not
even browse a major bank's website in FreeBSD
https://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/home.do

Thank you
Sam Fourman Jr.