linux-flashplugin9 Restricted?

Derek Graham derek.graham at att.net
Mon Jun 2 21:10:26 UTC 2008

from freshports.org:
>> 2006-04-08
>> Affects: users of www/linux-flashplugin*
>> Author: hrs at FreeBSD.org
>> Reason:
>> These ports have been removed because the End User License Agreement
>> explicitly forbids to run the Flash Player on FreeBSD.
>> For more details, see
>> http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/license/desktop/.
I found this odd, I remember seeing an email from adobe someone posted that
said that they do not support freebsd but they do not forbid users to use
flash if they can get it working.  I personally think this is insane we need
a good alternative to flash9, more sites are using flash9 and flash7 is
becoming useless. Is there a alternative in ports that supports flash ver 9?

Thanks,
Derek