Problems with portupgrade && xscreensaver-gnome

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Wed Jul 30 21:45:13 UTC 2008

> On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 08:51:23 -0400, Bill Moran wrote:
>
> > cvsupped my ports tree just this morning. #uname -a
> > FreeBSD vanquish.ws.pitbpa0.priv.collaborativefusion.com 7.0-RELEASE
> > FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE #4: Wed Jun 25 09:16:13 EDT 2008
> > root at vanquish.ws.pitbpa0.priv.collaborativefusion.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/
> sys/VANQUISH
> >  i386 # pkg_info | grep portupgrade
> > portupgrade-2.4.6,2 FreeBSD ports/packages administration and management
> > tool s # portupgrade -a
> > [...]
> > ** Makefile possibly broken: x11/xscreensaver-gnome:
> > 	"Makefile", line 106: warning: Option KEYRING needs PAM, but PAM
> is
> > 	disabled. xscreensaver-gnome-5.06_1
>
> You need to either enable PAM (recommended) or disable KEYRING by doing:
>  cd /usr/ports/x11/xscreensaver-gnome/; make config

Are you saying that I can't portupgrade ANY ports on my system until
such time as I make this strange decision?

Note that the message is a _WARNING_.  So portupgrade is giving up on
every port on my system because _one_ port has a warning?

No, I tend to thing that something is wrong here.  Should portupgrade
bail because it sees a warning from a Makefile?

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com