port ezload (linux: fxload) unmaintained?

Steve Franks stevefranks at ieee.org
Mon Jul 28 23:09:32 UTC 2008

I proposed some changes to ezload in march.  I've not heard from the
maintainer or author, and the download site is offline today.

ezload is important because it loads firmware on usb devices, many of
which are fairly common.  unfortunately, support for newer (< 3-4
years old) devices still has not been added.

The linux people use something called fxload instead, which supports
the new devices, but is pretty much identical functionally.

A one line change to the source will support the new devices (at least
those I possess).

What should one do in this situation?

Steve