Vlc

Okalany Daniel daniel at one2net.co.ug
Tue Jul 22 08:32:49 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 10:47 PM, Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 3:01 AM, Rafaël Carré <rafael.carre at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> wrote:
> >> >
> >> [snip]
> >
> > If you feel so, you can make all these options conditional on WITHOUT_X
> > and send me a patch ;)
> >
> > i.e. for skins2 that would be:
> > .if defined(WITH_SKINS) && !defined(WITHOUT_SKINS) &&
> > !defined(WITHOUT_X)
> >
> >> [snip]
> >>
> >> Okalany, you seem to have missed this one :)
> >
> > yep

> > These days this option has no effect, it's now named skins2.
> > --disable-skins2 should solve your problem
> >
> > --disable-freetype will build a skins2 interface without freetype
> > support, but I guess it will fail to build anyway because it needs X11

> type
> >>
> >> Yep, FreeType symbols - see above, you missed an option :)
> >
> > These are the skins2 files
>
> Actually if you read through ./configure --help not all options are
> enabled. I just picked the ones that weren't enabled. I may have
> missed the --without-skins2 option though :\...
> -Garrett

Thanks alot guys.. The options that worked for me ( to install text only
vlc) are:
./configure --disable-x11 --disable-xvideo --disable-glx --disable-sdl
--disable-sd --disable-wxwidgets --disable-skins2 --disable-freetype
--disable-mad --disable-ffmpeg

--
OKALANY DANIEL
P.O BOX 26150

The Word was spoken before it was written, and it was written so it could be
spoken!

Words can move mountais because mountains are created by words!