Vlc

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Fri Jul 18 11:38:34 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 04:11:37PM +0200, Tino Engel wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:18:33 +0300
> "Okalany Daniel" <daniel at one2net.co.ug> wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to install vlc media player without the X11 or any
> > other gui tools? WITHOUT_X11 doesn't seem to be working
> >
> hmmm. it is a movie player... without_x11 would not make too much sense
> though...
> for listening to audio files look at mpg123 for mp3 or at mpc for any
> kind of audio format.

Actually vlc does a great job of transcoding files and providing
streamed movie playing (rtsp:// and stuff), and it definitely does not
need an X display for that :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net    roam at cnsys.bg    roam at FreeBSD.org
Hey, out there - is it *you* reading me, or is it someone else?