please commit 124993 for cfengine-2.2.7

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Thu Jul 17 21:40:27 UTC 2008

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 15:25:24 -0400 Wesley Shields wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 11:48:42AM -0700, Jo Rhett wrote:
> > cfengine hasn't had any updates for over a year now, as the maintainer
> > is AWOL.    I keep submitting patches but nobody commits them.
> >
> > The last update to 124993 contains a clean single patch from the
> > current ports tree to 2.2.7.   Can someone please commit this?
> >
> >     http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=124993

> I will take this one and get it addressed.  The PR you are quoting has
> not been around long enough for a maintainer timeout, but the other PR
> you reference[1] has.  I suspect this is not an acceptable condition to
> override the maintainer.

Why is it not acceptable to override a maintainer? This port is not an
infrastructure port, the maintainer is way long unresponsive. I see
only one show-stopper: there is no patch (or PR) to change the
maintainer.

> For now I will put it in my name and address
> it once I know the appropriate course of action (wait for maintainer
> timeout or if the old timeout applies to this one as well).

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve