portupgrade fails to upgrade the package because the older version is installed

Sergey Matveychuk sem at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 14 12:18:28 UTC 2008

Andriy Gapon wrote:
> on 14/07/2008 14:57 Sergey Matveychuk said the following:
>> Andriy Gapon wrote:

>>> Is the reverse operation supposed to work?
>>>
>>> $ pkg_glob neon\*
>>> neon28-0.28.2_1
>>> $ portupgrade -o www/neon26 neon28
>>> $ portupgrade -o www/neon26 www/neon28
>>> $
>>>

>> Yes.
>>

> It didn't work for me (nothing was done as shown above).
> Could you please check if it works for you (if you can) ?

version 2.8 is alway > than 2.6. So you must use -f option here:

portupgrade -fo www/neon26 neon28

portupgrade will no update ports on older version if you did not force it.

--
Dixi.
Sem.