portupgrade to Perl 5.10.0 ??

Remko Lodder remko at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jul 11 21:30:16 UTC 2008

David Southwell wrote:
> On Friday 11 July 2008 14:02:09 Remko Lodder wrote:
>> David Southwell wrote:

>>> This started because I asked a simple question. Is there a possibility of
>>> getting perl 5.10.0 and when. I did not expect the third degree
>>> <chuckles>
>>>
>>> Admittedly I am curious why it is taking six months when most ports do
>>> not take that long - but curiosity does not imply personal antagonism,
>>> criticsm or sarcasm.
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> david
>> It also doesn't imply that you can "demand" that people import 5.10.0
>> because you want it, need it or whatever. It does mean that probably
>> work is underway but that it stalled or something for a reason.
>>
>> "thanks"
>> remko
>
> I have hear no demand from anyone  only reasonable curiosity following six
> months delay. It is:
> 1. reasonable to ask when
> 2. Courteous to give a reply.
>
> David
>
> David

And I told that you are entitled to do so, but your 'between the lines'
stated more then just a question, which I ofcourse can understand.

You have had your reply: I think work is underway, we do not know when
it's available, but it will be as soon as possible.

Thanks,
remko

--

/"\   Best regards,                      | remko at FreeBSD.org
\ /   Remko Lodder                       | remko at EFnet