cvsup after upgrade to 6.3 coredump SOLVED

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Fri Jul 11 16:43:43 UTC 2008

On Friday 11 July 2008 07:24:39 Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 06:23:54 -0700
>
> David Southwell <david at vizion2000.net> wrote:
> > On Friday 11 July 2008 01:57:37 Gary Jennejohn wrote:

> > > cvsup is not part of the base system.
> > >
> > > ---
> > > Gary Jennejohn
> >
> > Agreed. To keep this thread together I thought I would bring the
> > substance of my last report into this reply.
> >
> > I have just done a portupgrade -Rf cvsup  but still have the core dump.
> >
> > However I notice an oddity.
> >
> > Despite having installed cvsup, turning X11 support on via config,
> > pkg_info reports that
> > cvsup-without-gui-16.1h_4
> > is installed.
> >
> > It does not look right.
> >
> > Whilst cvsup is not part of the base system I am nonethesless totally
> > puzzled why cvsup should begin core dumping only after upgrading from 6.1
> > to 6.3 and despite a portupgrade -Rf under 6.3.
> >
> > I do not really want to complete my upgrading to 7.0 stable until I am
> > sure not to be dragging a current vulnerability into the new system !!!
> >
> > Does anyone have any idea what may be going on here and/or whether
> > someone is willing to take a look at the core dump and make sense of it.
>
> Well, this probably won't help much, but I'm using cvsup/cvsupd on
> 8-current (amd64) with no problems.  However, my binaries are from
> October, 2007, so this doesn't preclude a regression since then.
>
> BTW the Makefile automatically turns off GUI support for amd64, which
> is what you're running.
>
> ---
> Gary Jennejohn
BRILLIANT
You gave me an idea
I Did make deinstall.
cd /usr/ports/net/cvsup-without-gui
then make clean
make
make install and ran cvsup

NO problem no core dump[

Sounds like a good candidate for an entry in UPDATING
In 6.1 the automatic turnoff of GUI support for amd64 works BUT if you run the
same code or install from cvsup on amd64 under 6.3 it produces a core dump!!
Problem sorted
Thanks everyone

David