clamav bug

David Wood david at wood2.org.uk
Thu Jul 3 15:47:41 UTC 2008

Hi,

In message <000801c8dcc4$dc1b0c40$3d01a8c0 at xprz12>, yance
<yance at sic.nsw.edu.au> writes
>I have just update m ports collection. My FreeBSD is 6.0-RELEASE, and when I
>tried to install clamav from ports collection it returned an error:

The problem is not clamav - it's your old and unsupported operating
system.

6.0-RELEASE is End of Life and no longer supported by the ports
collection. There's been one thread about clamav in recent days, where
the maintainer responded that the necessary support in the port for
these EoL versions of FreeBSD has been removed.

You are strongly recommended to upgrade to a supported version of
FreeBSD - 6.3-RELEASE or 7.0-RELEASE.

Information on the supported versions and their respective End of Life
dates can be found at http://www.freebsd.org/security/index.html (look
towards the bottom of the page).

FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE went end of life on 31 January 2007, I believe.

Best wishes,

David
--
David Wood