Question about non-standard CPAN port

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Thu Jan 31 14:07:42 PST 2008

On Jan 31, 2008, at 1:35 PM, Paul Schmehl wrote:

> One other question.  Should the PORTNAME be lower case even though
> the DISTNAME is not?  Or does it matter?

Portname for perl ports is generally upper/lower case mix as the name
of the perl module itself. I don't think it needs to be smashed to
lower case.  Just do a pkg_info and see all the p5-* ports...

I like to name them to match what DISTNAME needs to fetch the file, so
I don't have to explicitly set DISTNAME.