digikam 0.9.3: Canon EOS400D - no thumbnails then digikam segfaults.

Mark Ovens parish at magichamster.com
Mon Jan 28 14:32:52 PST 2008

Alex Dupre wrote:
> Mark Ovens wrote:
>> If someone can explain how to build a debug version of digikam (and
>> libgphoto2) I will provide a back trace.
>
> make -DWITH_DEBUG

Thanks Alex - I seem to remember it wasn't that simple; it compiled with
``-g'' but the binaries still got stripped, but it works now so that's OK.

But, it doesn't seem to produce a core file and if I run it from within
gdb then gdb itself core dumps (and does produce a core file):

/home/mark{102}# gdb /usr/local/bin/digikam
GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i386-marcel-freebsd"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/digikam
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
/home/mark{103}#

If I start digikam normally, the KDE Crash Handler catches it but
displays this message:

This backtrace appears to be of no use.
This is probably because your packages are built in a way which prevents
creation of proper backtraces, or the stack frame was seriously
corrupted in the crash.

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

and I can't find a core file (does the KDE Crash Handler delete it
because it is of no use?).

The binary is definitely a debug version:

/home/mark{104}# file /usr/local/bin/digikam
/usr/local/bin/digikam: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version
1 (FreeBSD), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Mark