packages with security vulnerabilities

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 21 15:57:40 PST 2008

Kris Kennaway wrote:

> I still don't understand what you claim is the problem :)  We do not
> specially update packages like perl; rather, *every* package is
> frequently rebuilt and updated.

If I understood the question correctly, I think the OP is asking about
the frequency of rebuilding packages with security updates. In which
case your answer is still correct, but leads to a new question, which is
would it be possible to trigger an update for a port that has a security
update sooner?

Doug