packages with security vulnerabilities

P Bielecki pawciobiel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 07:18:23 PST 2008

Hi,

freebsd-update helps me update base system,
portaudit(1) reminds me everyday about security vulnerabilities in
ports/packages and thanks to portupgrade(1),
I keep them up to date.

Quite often I build packages or use packages whenever available and
share (NFS) them with my other boxes.

Although building and "deploying" packages can be fairly simple,
 due to dependencies, slow network connections, hw problems or just
slow machine it takes a while.

What would really help me is if  latest - updated packages could be
available more often.

How porters decide which package should be updated and available as package?
Is there anything what can I do to help updating latest packages?

Thanks,
Paul