ruby 1.9 port test request

Stanislav Sedov stas at freebsd.org
Sat Jan 19 01:05:43 PST 2008

On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 07:37:00AM +1100 Peter Jeremy mentioned:
> On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 06:23:01PM +0300, Stanislav Sedov wrote:
> >As you might know a couple of weeks ago the first development release
> >of ruby 1.9 was rolled out. I plan to introduce it into the ports
> >collection in the near time (actually, when the release slush will
> >be over).
>
> Since this appears to introduce incompatibilities with existing ports
> depending on ruby, will you be providing an procedure to upgrade
> portupdate?

Well, we're not going to switch to 1.9 right now, it's still a development
release. It'll be there entirely for testing purposes, and it's possible
to have both versions installed in once.

Portupgrade and other ruby ports will continue to use ruby 1.8 by default,
however it'll be possible to switch to 1.9 via make.conf KNOB if you're so
crazy:-)

--
Stanislav Sedov
ST4096-RIPE