www/mod_dosevasive20 vs. www/mod_evasive20

Stanislav Sedov stas at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jan 18 05:25:36 PST 2008

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 04:04:49PM -0800 Jeremy Chadwick mentioned:
> One of our customers pointed out to me that there's two versions of the
> mod_evasive module actively floating around in ports:
>
>   ports/www/mod_evasive20
>   ports/www/mod_dosevasive20
>
> Based on PR 106870 and the CVS commit logs, it looks like a repocopy
> was done from mod_dosevasive20 --> mod_evasive20 (since the software
> itself was renamed identically):

> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/www/mod_dosevasive20/Makefile
>
> However, mod_dosevasive20 was never removed/deprecated.  This lead to
> some confusion...  Can anything be done about this for consistency
> reasons?

I beleive the mod_dosevasive20 port should be dropped due to rename.
Have you tired contacting the maintainer?

--
Stanislav Sedov
ST4096-RIPE