bsd.php.mk suggestion

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Thu Jan 17 06:42:54 PST 2008

> Vladimir Zorin wrote:
> > I tried to get in touch with Alex Dupre, the maintainer of the
> > bsd.php.mk, sent him the same text as the above with the patch, but I
> > didn't get any response. As far as I know there are several people who
> > tried to contact him regarding the same issue but, alas, didn't get any
> > response as well.
>
> I suppose there might be the possibility of a timeout that allows committing
> without Maintainer feedback, if you submit it as a PR.

This is exactly the way to proceed.

If the maintainer is not responding, open the issue as a PR so it's
officially tracked.  If the maintainer does not respond withing a
reasonable length of time, request a maintainer timeout to have another
committer check in the patch.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com