HOW-TO get Flash7 working!

Michal Varga varga.michal at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 00:45:03 PST 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 08:50 +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> There's a different thread about flash and eculp@??? reported there
> that the plugin is loaded by firefox but crashes. I've also seen
> reports that it doesn't crash, but I think those people where just
> lucky and didn't use the subset of flash which triggers the crash.

You can crash Flash9 on FreeBSD any time just by visiting youtube.com
and playing any random video, 100% success guaranteed.

By the way, Flash9 is buggy like hell even when running natively on
Linux, I can't confirm that by myself, but have some old coworkers in
various web development companies and they say their clients complain
every other day that their new fancy Flash9 presentations (thus
requiring Flash9 plugin) crash Linux browsers like stock market in 1929.
Of course, it's still much worse under Linuxulator.

m.

--
Michal Varga <varga.michal at gmail.com>
Stonehenge