www/mod_dosevasive20 vs. www/mod_evasive20

Jeremy Chadwick koitsu at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 14 16:04:49 PST 2008

One of our customers pointed out to me that there's two versions of the
mod_evasive module actively floating around in ports:

  ports/www/mod_evasive20
  ports/www/mod_dosevasive20

Based on PR 106870 and the CVS commit logs, it looks like a repocopy
was done from mod_dosevasive20 --> mod_evasive20 (since the software
itself was renamed identically):

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/www/mod_dosevasive20/Makefile

However, mod_dosevasive20 was never removed/deprecated.  This lead to
some confusion...  Can anything be done about this for consistency
reasons?