lsof and ZFS

Wesley Shields wxs at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 5 08:46:38 PST 2008

On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 05:59:00PM +0300, Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:

> WS> > I actually talked to the author the other day on a different matter, and
> WS> > he mentioned that he is planning to add ZFS support.  Unfortunatly, the
> WS> > FreeBSD -CURRENT machine he used, sledge.freebsd.org, is down right now,
> WS> > so we're working on finding another machine he can access.  So
> WS> > hopefully, real soon now(tm).
> WS>
> WS> I have a machine which fits that description I would be glad to give him
> WS> access to.
> WS>
> WS> There is actually a PR for this (119041).  The maintainer wishes to hold
> WS> off on adding a custom patch to the port in favor of the next upcoming
> WS> version which should support ZFS.
>
> I see, thanks.
>
> The only additional thing I would like to bring attention at is the fact that
> ZFS can be used as root, requiring to additionally patch lsof like FreeSBIE
> people did for cd9660 root.

There is a patch in PR 118337 which may or may not be the one used by
FreeSBIE.  This PR is in the same holding pattern as 119041 (waiting on
the new version).

I'm CC'ing the maintainer on this so he can hopefully make sure that the
ZFS and cd9660 patches are addressed in the next version.  I'm also not
sure how a ZFS root will figure into this but it is hopefully something
the maintainer can take up with the author.

-- WXS