determining what ports directly depend on X

Sat Jan 5 03:36:22 PST 2008

Quoting "Aryeh Friedman" <aryeh.friedman at gmail.com> (Thu, 3 Jan 2008 22:11:19 -0500):

> On 1/3/08, Frank J. Laszlo <laszlof at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > Aryeh Friedman wrote:
> > > I need to determine which ports depend directly (i.e. they have it
> > > listed as a B/RDEPS).   The specfic task I am working on right now
> > > (but this will need to be more general later) is attempting to find
> > > all the direct childern of libtool15
> > >
> > A quick hack would be
> >
> > grep libtool-1.5 /usr/ports/INDEX-6| awk -F"|" {'print $2'}
>

> Doesn't quite work because it appears index is equiv to "make missing"
> which includes indirect parents.   For example x11-wm/compwiz does not
> reference libool-1.5 except in a USE= line.

This should work to get only the direct dependencies in INDEX:
cd /usr/ports
export EXPLICIT_PACKAGE_DEPENDS=yes
make index

Bye,
Alexander.

--
BOFH excuse #62:

need to wrap system in aluminum foil to fix problem