postgresql 8.2.5_1 client doesn't make with heimdal

David Wood david at wood2.org.uk
Fri Jan 4 16:00:05 PST 2008

Hi everyone,

In message <88335647 at bb.ipt.ru>, Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru> writes
>On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 12:32:05 +0100 Dorian Büttner wrote:
>
>> anyone else having this when compiling postgres-client with heimdal support?
>> system is 7.0-prerelease on amd64.
>
>Seems that databases/postgresql82-server was not updated after
>updating of security/heimdal.

This seems to be a general problem. There was a version bump in the
Heimdal shared library, and I don't believe any ports that depend on
that library were updated.

I got a user report about net/freeradius a little while ago, and I've
fixed the problem now in that port - but I suspect other ports have been
missed.

Would a committer do the necessary find and grep magic to find other
port Makefiles referring to krb5.21 and update them to krb5.23 rather
than piecemeal updates being needed?

Best wishes,

David
--