determining what ports directly depend on X

Frank J. Laszlo laszlof at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 3 19:24:54 PST 2008

Aryeh Friedman wrote:
> On 1/3/08, Frank J. Laszlo <laszlof at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>> Aryeh Friedman wrote:
>>
>>> I need to determine which ports depend directly (i.e. they have it
>>> listed as a B/RDEPS).   The specfic task I am working on right now
>>> (but this will need to be more general later) is attempting to find
>>> all the direct childern of libtool15
>>>

>> A quick hack would be
>>
>> grep libtool-1.5 /usr/ports/INDEX-6| awk -F"|" {'print $2'}
>>

> Doesn't quite work because it appears index is equiv to "make missing"
> which includes indirect parents.   For example x11-wm/compwiz does not
> reference libool-1.5 except in a USE= line.

Most ports should be setup to use "USE_AUTOTOOLS", but obviously there
are a few strays.

Anything that uses USE_AUTOTOOLS should have LIBTOOL_DEPENDS defined.
You could check this. to collect the strays, grepping through for
^.*DEPENDS=.*libtool15" should pick them up.

Hope this helps.

-Frank Laszlo