nginx upstream_fair module patch

Ryan Tomayko rtomayko at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 17:57:13 UTC 2008

Vsevolod Stakhov wrote:
> I don't think that it is a good idea to have 3-rd party code as FreeBSD
> ports patches (ports patches are FreeBSD specific code). I think it
> would be better to have some directive for enabling extra modules for
> nginx and make subports for such modules, in the similar way as php
> ports for example.

That makes sense. Sergey responded off list with the exact same advice.
I'll take it.

> Here is a small patch. Maybe this should be better done using OPTIONS.

It looks like both php and mail/postfix would be good examples of how
something like this might be best accomplished. Thanks for the example;
I think I basically understand what's going on here.

Thanks
--
Ryan Tomayko <rtomayko at gmail.com>

http://tomayko.com