Port dependencies on p5-Test-*

Yen-Ming Lee leeym at leeym.com
Tue Feb 26 18:46:37 UTC 2008

2008/2/26, Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at des.no>:
> "Yen-Ming Lee" <leeym at leeym.com> writes:
>
> > Okay, I agree to remove these Test::* from RUN_DEPENDS since they
>  > should be only used for tests, however I still want to keep them in
>  > BUILD_DEPENDS so that it will be easier when developers want to 'make
>  > test' (I know that we don't do it for p5-* perl, but I do).
>

> Absolutely not.  It makes life hell for everbody else.  The maintainer
>  can bloody well install the ports he needs for 'make test' by hand.

Okay, whatever, you win.

And I guess that you prefer to keep RUN_DEPENDS simple, and even
ignore BUILD_DEPENDS at all. The users will get some warning messages
for missing dependencies but it builds anyway. However, It means that
the port maintainers need to somehow find out that which dependencies
are really needed based on the modules installed, not the
not-really-useful Makefile.PL or Build.PL, since the module authors
may put everything there no matter they are really needed or needed
for tests.

Is it what you want?

--
Yen-Ming Lee <leeym at leeym.com>