FreeBSD Port: cacti-0.8.7b

Sergey Matveychuk sem at FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 26 11:52:26 UTC 2008

Daniel Dvořák wrote:
> On the 16th of December 2007, you wrote these sentences in UPDATING file
> about Plugin Architecture:
>   Plugin support is dropped again and will not revive anymore in the port.
>   A reason for that is the patch is unofficial and there are long time lags
>   between a new cacti version released and time when the patch is adapted.
>
> It is very pitty for us, becuase we use weathermap plugin to monitor and
> visualize the current load of our network.
> With your commit and after restarting of mysql server, our weathemap
> plugin is gone, and people ask me why this nice tool is not working.
> They got used to this nice maps.
>
> On the 12th of February 2008, unofficial patch Plugin Architecture have
> been released as a version 2.0, and it is adjusted or adapted for 0.8.7b
> cacti, which we have in ports nowadays.
>
> Do you think that you could include this patch 2.0 to the cacti back again ?
>
> If you are not wellwisher for this, could you advise me how we can get
> plugins back to cacti ?

Hi Daniel!

As I already mention, cacti team don't support the plugin patch and a
patch author not so fast how we'd like. So I'm between two users group,
one ask me update cacti ASAP and another (a little one) ask me to keep
plugins support. I can't satisfy them both.

A good news is cacti team decide to include plugins support in future
versions. Unfortunately it'll happen not so soon.

But can add a new cacti-plugins port if you'll test it (I don't use the
plugin support).

--
Dixi.
Sem.