Port dependencies on p5-Test-*

Yen-Ming Lee leeym at leeym.com
Mon Feb 25 10:45:59 UTC 2008

2008/2/25, Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at des.no>:
> "Yen-Ming Lee" <leeym at leeym.com> writes:
>  > [unreadable]
>
>  Please fix your MUA.

My MUA is Gmail. I can't really "fix" it.
The only thing I can do is to resend them with plain text format...

----- resend 1 -----

I guess some of these PERL ports which depends on p5-Test;* are committed by me.

For Makefile.PL, all dependencies are listed in 'PREREQ_PM' so it's
hard to tell which ones are really needed and which ones are needed
only for tests.
 For Build.PL, it will be easier since they are listed in 'requires'
and 'build_requires' separately.

What I did for these packages is:

RUN_DEPENDS= the real dependencies
BUILD_DEPENDS=${RUN_DEPENDS}
 BUILD_DEPENDS+= the dependencies needed only for test

It will make the port depend on the real dependencies only.

Most PERL ports can build without any other p5- port if we ignore the
ones needed for tests.
 Does it mean that we should ignore BUILD_DEPENDS entirely?

Removing all p5-Test-* from Makefile.PL or Build.PL may break some
ports (for example, some other p5-Test-* ports) which really need
p5-Test-*.
However, I agree to remove p5-Test-Simple from dependency since it's
in PERL core list already.

----- resend 2 -----

I mean Test::More when I mentioned p5-Test-Simple. Test::More is in
the core list of PERL 5.6.2 or above.
But for other modules in p5-Test-Simple, say Test::Builder::Tester and
Test::Builder::Module, they are in the core list of PERL 5.8.8 or
above.

--
Yen-Ming Lee <leeym at leeym.com>