portupgrade changed operation?

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Fri Feb 22 17:13:59 UTC 2008

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:01:42 -0500 (EST)
"Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET" <ml at t-b-o-h.net> wrote:

> --->  Skipping 'www/apache13' because a requisite port 'lang/perl5.8'
> failed (specify -k to force)
>
> 	But I *DO* want apache upgraded, even if I have perl5.8 in
> HOLD_PKG.
>
> 	It is behaving properly?

I believe it is. I am not quite sure why you have Perl on hold,
however, why not do as the message indicated and use the '-k' switch.
Personally, I would remove Perl, as well as Ruby from hold, but that is
just me.

--
Gerard
gerard at seibercom.net

There are few people more often in the wrong
than those who cannot endure to be thought so.