Weird portlint errors

Beech Rintoul beech at freebsd.org
Thu Feb 21 23:09:57 UTC 2008

On Thursday 21 February 2008, Brooks Davis said:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 02:19:14PM -0800, comperr wrote:
> > http://groups.google.com/group/ml-freebsd-ports/files
> > tmp is portlint >tmp 2>&1
> > Makefile is the makefile I'm having errors with.
>
> The file contains bogus carrage returns, probably due to being
> exiting on a windows box.  Please run dos2unix on it or recreate it
> in an appropriate editor.  Then it will work.
>
> Also, please don't top-post when posting to freebsd-lists.
>
> -- Brooks

I agree and additionally you can't use spaces after variable names,
use tabs. The Makefile is full of spaces.

Beech
Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech at FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/6.3R/announce.html