Do SpamAssassin spamd and Obspamd play nicely together?

eculp eculp at encontacto.net
Tue Feb 5 07:51:51 PST 2008

Quoting Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu at freebsd.org>:

> On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 02:13:16PM -0600, eculp wrote:
>> I have sa-spamd running and I just installed obspamd or pfspamd what ever
>> it should be called and the spamd log file seems taken over by spamasassin.
>>  Are there any other conflicts or changes that should be made to use both.
>
> Funny, since I indirectly touched on this problem many moons ago when
> writing a document on issues we encountered when attempting to migrate
> from postgrey to OpenBSD spamd.  See section "Issues with OpenBSD spamd
> on FreeBSD":

http://jdc.parodius.com/freebsd/openbsd-spamd.txt

Jeremy,

Your link should be included everywhere.  This is a logical,[all too
uncommon in today's world] common sense approach that answered all the
additional questions that I had not even asked yet because I was first
doing tests with the recommended (published) information yet without
success.  Within 10 minutes after opening your link, I have it
running, hopefully as I expect, at least based on the "multiple input"
spamd log file ;) Now only time will tell but at least debugging my
configuration will now be easy.