Upgrading xorg 6.9 to 7.3 -- what happened to xorg-upgrade?

tracy musaza cocko_mirindi at yahoo.fr
Sun Feb 3 06:52:05 PST 2008

Hi Bob, can you try this?

  http://www.math.colostate.edu/~reinholz/freebsd/xupgrade.html

  those instructions were taken from http://wiki.freebsd.org/XorgUpgradeCorrected and /usr/ports/UPDATING, with a few of my own notes added. If in doubt you should place your trust in /usr/ports/UPDATING. Without further ado, let's upgrade to xorg-7.2:

  Just try and let me know.

  Coko Tracy

Bob Willcox <bob at immure.com> a écrit :
  The info in /usr/ports/UPGRADING describing the steps to upgrade xorg
says to run xorg-upgrade. Unfortunately, I can't find *anything* with
this name anywhere on my system. Here's my uname output:

root at sarlacc:pf /usr/ports> uname -a
FreeBSD sarlacc.austin.ibm.com 6.3-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.3-PRERELEASE #20: Wed Jan 2 11:29:25 CST 2008 bob at sarlacc.austin.ibm.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SARLACC amd64

I have (just today) updated my ports tree (via cvsup).

Anyone have any idea where I might find the xorg-upgrade file? Perhaps
it isn't required any longer. If that's the case, that would be good to
know as well.

Thanks,
Bob

--
Bob Willcox A lack of planning on your part does
bob at immure.com not constitute an emergency on my part.

Coko Tracy MIRINDI MUSAZA

mobiles: 00242 576 14 00    Congo
         00243 81 250 0472  RDC