How do I get pgaccess to work with PostgreSQL version 8.3

David Booth davidb at boothscientific.com
Wed Dec 31 21:39:59 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 31 December 2008, Garrett Cooper wrote:
> On Dec 31, 2008, at 10:01, stan <stanb at panix.com> wrote:
> > I'm building a new machine. I have PostgreSQL 9.3 client and
> > server isntalled and working from ports. But when I try to build
> > pgaccess from
> > ports, it starts out want to download PostgreSQL version 7.4. Am
> > I suposed
> > to set an environment variable or something to tell the pgaccess
> > port what
> > version of the DB I have?
>
> The version in the tree is 0.99, so I'm pretty sure the database
> portion of your ports tree is out of date.
> -Garrett

It looks to me that the 7.4 dependancy is coming in through the
postgresql-tcltk dependancy which has in the Makefile

USE_PGSQL=      yes
MASTERDIR=      ${.CURDIR}/../../databases/postgresql74-server

You could monkey around with that and try to get it to use the version
you desire.  It is possible that there are incompatibality issues
though.